Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Flewellyn House

At the historical society this week I found a couple more photos of the Flewellyn House. What a gorgeous old building. I'm not usually a fan of Victorian houses, but I can't help but be a bit enchanted by this one. I like the little tower and like to imagine all of the various rooms behind those windows. Local photographer Ira Finke took the picture above as part of a series of photographs of houses in the village, I believe in the 1980s.

This is an undated newspaper clipping I found:

The sad news is that both the house and the barn were torn down. The good news is that the land did in fact become a park (despite the village's best efforts to turn it into a parking lot) that has been kept open and available to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment