Saturday, November 16, 2013

Announcing St. George's Excavation Merchandise

Have you always wanted your own tote bag with a design based on the work of eighteenth-century gravestone carver Solomon Brewer? Of course you have!

For weeks now I've wanted to create a sort of souvenir for the dig for all the people who worked on it. I thought about getting everyone a tote bag, but it turns out I don't have the money for that. The next best thing I could do was design at tote bag and offer it to anyone who would like to have one at the cheapest price. Through CafePress, I was able to create a variety of products that are now available for sale.

By using CafePress, I can offer these items at no cost to myself. I also don't make any money from it. The price of the item is the exact amount charged by CafePress to produce it.

In the future (and if there is enough interest), I could increase the price of the items and use the proceeds to fund future excavation work. For now, though, I wanted to make sure that everyone who has participated in the dig or followed its progress online has a chance to get something at the lowest possible price.

I also have some ideas in mind for an "Adopt a Gravestone" or "Adopt a Feature"-type fundraiser. Other cemeteries in this area have used this approach and had some success.

Lastly, over the winter I will also be looking into grants offered by various institutions for our continuing excavation and artifact processing ... but since there are no t-shirts involved in that I probably won't be posting about it.

Along with the tote bag above, these items are available for sale:

http://www.cafepress.com/stgeorgesexcavation

Men's and women's organic t-shirts

http://www.cafepress.com/stgeorgesexcavation

Sigg water bottle and stainless steel travel mug.

You can click on any of the links above (or the images) to go to the store. If there's any other item you'd be interested in, let me know and I may be able to create it. CafePress has pretty much everything.

1 comment:

  1. Nice designs, Maddie. It would be fitting to have a token of all the pleasure I've got from reading your journal, but pennies are ever a problem, you know? I hope you sell lots; I like your diligence.

    ReplyDelete