Friday, July 5, 2013

Clarence Perry


Clarence Perry, the three-year-old son of William and Alice J. Perry, died on May 5, 1885. I have had a hard time researching Clarence, for the following reasons:

-He was born and died in between census years, so I can't search his name.
-His parents have very common names, so I have difficulty searching for them, too. Plus, they don't appear in the two censuses that would be the most useful in identifying them: in 1880, they might not have been married yet, and the 1890 census is lost.
-He doesn't have any relatives in the cemetery ... or does he?

It occurred to me only after I put up this post that Clarence is grouped in the 1914 transcription with the Green family. Looking back at my posts on the Greens, I found that there was an Alice Green who was the daughter of John (1814-1896) and Mary Green (1816-1901) who are buried in the cemetery. Alice was born in 1847, which would make her about 35 when Clarence was born. Is she Clarence's mother?

I have not been able to confirm it. Maybe someone reading this can give me a lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment