Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Satellite Images of the Cemetery



I took a look at the satellite images of the cemetery on Google Maps to see if I could see the outline of the two churches that stood on the site. The image above was taken directly from Google Maps. I thought I could see some things, but I decided to fiddle around with the contrast and definition to see if I could make them stand out more.

I made this image:

 

And then I put it in black and white: 



They're not excellent images, and not high definition, but even so I could make a guess as to where the churches were. The first church (late 18th century) is on the right and the second (mid-19th century) is on the left.


There is also an obvious pathway through the middle of the cemetery.


And whatever that is:

1 comment:

  1. The last satellite photo is of the tree roots from the Pine trees that line the back of the cemetery. I noticed it when I was in the cemetery yesterday!

    ReplyDelete